Weston, D G
DONALD GEORGE WESTON
Remembered with honour Delville Wood Cemetery: Plot XIV, Row L, Grave 2.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 4596 London Regiment. Alternatively, he enlisted 5 June 1915 at Tufton Street, Westminster, for the Duration of the War: a Baptist aged 18, his next-of-kin his father of Oxhey, Herts, He joined his Company in the Field 12 August 1916. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action.
There is a Death announcement for Donald in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 30 September 1916; plus In Memoriams in the issues dated 19 May 1917 [under LOVEDAY], 8 September 1917, 7 September 1918, 24 May 1919 [under LOVEDAY], and 20 September 1919.
Son of Alfred and the late Mary Matilda (nee MORRIS) WESTON of Oxhey.
His parents married 23 February 1896 at Holy Trinity, Wealdstone, Middx. Mary died 1911 in Oxhey aged 42, and was buried 28 June at St James’, Bushey, Herts; Alfred died 1943 in Watford aged 81, and was buried 31 December in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
Donald was born 1898 in Bushey.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in New Bushey, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school and a news boy aged 12, he still lived in New Bushey, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death09/09/1916
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)