Remembered with honour St Sever Cemetery Extension: Plot Q1, Row A, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Whitehall, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at 1 Australian General Hospital of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Eric’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Rose (nee HARDS) GRAMSHAW of Harrow-on-the Hill, Middx, and the late Frederic Knight GRAMSHAW.
His parents married 1882 in the Dartford, Kent, district. Frederic died 1 March 1896 in West Kensington, London, aged 44; Rose died 30 September 1923 in Harrow aged 76.
Eric was born 1883 in Colnbrook, Middx.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891 Census, aged 7 he lived in Stanwell, Middx, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1901 Census, a bank clerk aged 17, he lived in Lewisham, London, with his widowed mother and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, a banker’s clerk aged 27, he lived in Watford, with his widowed mother and no siblings.
Date of death25/05/1918
Age at death35
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)