Childs/Child, T W
THOMAS WILLIAM CHILDS
Remembered with honour Hooge Crater Cemetery: Plot XIX, Row B, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Thomas’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William and Mary Ann (nee BROWN) CHILDS.
His parents married 20 May 1893 at St John the Baptist, Aldenham, Herts. William possibly died 1928 in the Willesden, London, district aged 63; Mary died 1935 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district aged 68.
Thomas was born 1893 in London Colney, Herts, and baptised 6 August 1893 at St Peter’s, London Colney. He resided in Aldenham.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 he lived in Aldenham, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1901 Census, a farm hand aged 17, he still lived in Aldenham, with his parents and seven siblings.
Date of deathbetween 20/09/1917 and 22/09/1917
Age at death23
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)