Remembered with honour Tyne Cot Memorial: Panel 35 to 37 and 162 to 162A.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of James Frederick and Ellen (nee HOSIER) SHARP of Coulsdon, Surrey.
His parents married 26 December 1894 at St John the Evangelist, Boxmoor, Herts. James died 1939 in the Surrey Mid E district aged 71; Ellen died 1939 in the Hemel Hempstead, Herts, district aged 72.
Frank was born 1898 in Boxmoor, and resided in Boxmoor.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Boxmoor, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 12, he still lived in Boxmoor, with his father and four siblings.
Date of death14/04/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
NotesFrank is possibly the F SHARP commemorated at Leavesden
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)