Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 5D.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 28 July 1915, and was killed in action at Montauban near Albert. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Arthur in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 15 July 1916.
Son of John and Emma (nee ASHBY) WILSON of Watford.
His parents married 1887 in the Eton, Bucks, district. John died 1954 in the Watford district aged 90.
Arthur was born 13 October 1892 in Watford, and attended Watford Grammar School from January 1899 to June 1909. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 8 he lived in Bushey, Herts, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a stock exchange clerk aged 18, he still lived in Bushey, with his parents and four siblings.
Unit"A" Company, 7th Battalion
Date of death01/07/1916
Age at death23
Place of death
NotesArthur is possibly the A WILSON commemorated in Bushey and Oxhey
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)