Remembered with honour Thiepval Memoria: Pier and Face 9C.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 6 June 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frederick’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of George Henry and Margaret Sarah (nee HORNER) LUCAS.
His parents married 1878 at Salford Register Office, Lancs. George died 1925 in the Salford district aged 70; Margaret died 1940 in the Barton, Lancs, district aged 82, and was buried 17 January in Shetford Cemetery, Manchester.
Frederick was born 1888 in Salford, and baptised 24 October 1888 at the Chapelry of St Clement, Ordsall-in-Salford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 2 he lived in Salford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 12 he lived in Stretford, Lancs, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, an artist aged 22, he was boarder in Watford.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)