Wright, W T
WILLIAM THOMAS WRIGHT
Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial: Pier and Face 12D and 13B.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William Thomas or Thomas William and Harriet Eliza Lily (nee HOLLIER) WRIGHT.
His parents married 1 June 1895 at St Mary’s, Watford.
William was born 26 March 1896 in Watford, and baptised 8 May 1896 at St Mary’s, Watford. He attended Victoria Junior School, Watford; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 12 February 1906 to 23 March 1910.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 15 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)