Marsh, J S
JAMES SAMUEL MARSH
Remembered with honour Vis-en-Artois Memorial: Panel 3.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, James’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John and Emily (nee MILLEN) MARSH.
His parents married 12 January 1890 at St John the Evangelist, Walworth, Surrey.
James was born 25 October 1898 in Walworth, and baptised 11 November 1898 at St John the Evangelist, Walworth. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he lived in Newington, London, with his parents and four siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)