Bone, J T
JOSEPH THOMAS BONE
Remembered with honour Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial: Panel 21.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 145290 Army Service Corps and Private 30852 Norfolk Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Joseph’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sarah (nee LOVETT) BONE of Watford, and the late Joseph BONE.
His parents married 1892 in the Watford district. Joseph died 1923 in Watford aged 53, and was buried 26 March in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Sarah died 1958 in Hatfield, Herts, aged 87, and was buried 29 May, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Joseph was born 10 or 17 June 1896 in Watford, and baptised 23 August 1896 at Christ Church, Watford. He attended first Callow Land Infants’ School, Watford; then Callowland Board School from 5 January 1903 to 21 December 1906; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 8 January 1907 to 13 March 1908.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a hawker aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of deathon or since 31/07/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)