Street, P or A P
ALWYN PERCY/PERCIVAL STREET
Remembered with honour Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial: Addenda Panel 58.
He enlisted in Hounslow, Middx, 21 November 1907, a labourer, and was formerly 2nd V.B. Middlesex Regiment, R.V.M. 1910. He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 6 October 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Percy’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Emily (nee JOHNSON) STREET of Iver, Bucks, and the late Seymour Edward STREET; husband of Alice Annie Amelia (nee STANBOROUGH) STREET of Uxbridge, Middx.
His parents married 1885 in the Eton, Bucks, district. Seymour died 1914 aged 59; Emily died 1934 aged 75; both in the Eton district.
Percy was born 23 July 1890 in Iver, and attended first Iver Infants’ School; then Iver National Boys’ School from 1 December 1896. He married 1913 in the Eton district. Alice remarried 1922 in the Uxbridge district to Ernest FIELD, and died 23 January 1952 in Hanwell, Middx, aged 62.
On the 1891 Census, aged 8 months he lived in Iver with his father and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he still lived in Iver, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, an attendant aged 21, he lived in Chiswick, Middx.
Date of deathbetween 26/10/1914 and 08/11/1914
Age at death25
Place of death
NotesListed as P STREET on St Mary's Memorial
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)