Tucker, L A or A L
LESLIE ARTHUR or ARTHUR LESLIE TUCKER
Remembered with honour Vlamertinghe Military Cemetery: Plot VII, Row A, Grave 28.
He enlisted in Hertford; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 23 January 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Leslie’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of James and Harriett (nee EASTALL) TUCKER of Watford.
His parents married 14 June 1881 at Holy Trinity, Theale, Berks. Harriett died 1931 in Watford aged 76, and was buried 15 January in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; James died 31 March 1935 in St Alban’s, Herts, aged 80, and was buried 4 April, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Leslie was born 7 April 1895 or 1896 in Guildford, Surrey, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 14 April 1902 to 3 February 1903, from 10 January to 12 May 1905, and from 12 February 1906 to 14 June 1909. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, an apprentice whitesmith aged 16, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Date of death11/05/1917
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)