Thompson, R E
ROBERT EDWARD THOMPSON
Remembered with honour St Sever Cemetery Extension: Plot P.XI, Row J, Grave 17A.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Robert’s Service record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William and Eliza (nee POOLE) THOMPSON.
His parents married 1894 in the Risbridge, Suffolk, district. William died 1926 in the Barnet, Herts, district aged 53.
Robert was born 11 September 1899 in Watford. He attended Parkgate Boys’ School, Watford; then Alexandra School, Watford, from 11 September 1899 to 25 July 1913. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in East Barnet, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 11, he lived in Watford, with his mother and four siblings.
Date of death30/04/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
NotesHis brother William died 12 April 1917 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)