Street, G H
GEORGE HENRY STREET
Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot J, Row 3, Grave 179.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 33172 Suffolk Regiment. As he never fought overseas he has no medals, and he died at No. 2 Eastern General Hospital, Brighton, Sussex. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Henry and Ann (nee MORRIS) BAGGOT/BAGGATT/ BAGGETT; adopted son of William John/James and Ann Augusta (nee WEBB) STREET; husband of Annie Elizabeth (nee WALKER) STREET.
His parents married 1872 in the Hereford district. Henry died 1883 in the Birmingham district aged 37. His adoptive parents married 11 August 1859 at St Oswald’s, Chester. Ann died 1934 in the Nantwich, Chesh, district aged 76; William died 1938 in the Crewe, Chesh, district aged 79.
George was born in Crewe, and married 7 July 1912 at St Mary’s, Watford; they had one child. He resided in Watford, and was buried 9 July. Annie remarried 1925 in the Watford district to John H BROWNE, and died 29 July 1962 in Hertford aged 87.
On the 1881 Census, aged 1 he lived in Crewe, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1891 Census, a scholar aged 11 he still lived in Crewe, with his adoptive parents. On the 1901 Census, a house painter aged 21 (now called STREET), he still lived in Crewe, with his adoptive parents. On the 1911 Census, a house painter aged 31, he was a boarder in Watford.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)