Keen, (H) W
HARRY WALTON KEEN
Remembered with honour Tyne Cot Memorial: Panel 154 to 159 and 163A.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Harry in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 14 May 1918.
Son of John and Rachel (nee WARD) KEEN of Letchmore Heath, Herts.
His parents married 18 October 1892 in Radlett, Herts. Rachel died 18 June 1941 in Letchmore Heath aged 80, and was buried 21 June at St John the Baptist, Aldenham, Herts; John died 5 October 1944 in Watford aged 86.
Harry was born 29 January 1899 in Letchmore Heath, and baptised 12 March 1899 at St John the Baptist, Aldenham. He resided in Letchmore Heath.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Letchmore Heath, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he still lived in Letchmore Heath, with his parents and six siblings.
Date of death17/04/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)