Osborn, H C or C H
HARRY CECIL or CECIL HENRY OSBORN
Remembered with honour Senlis Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot I, Row B, Grave 5.
He enlisted in Warley, Surrey, and was formerly Private 4042 Royal Sussex Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Cecil’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Harry in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 27 April 1918.
Son of Charles Edward OSBORN of Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, and the late Elizabeth Helen (nee ROBERTS) OSBORN.
His parents married 1893 in the Watford district. Charles died 30 June 1946 in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, aged 76.
Harry was born 9 November 1895 in Watford, and attended Watford Grammar School from January 1904 to July 1911.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Bournemouth, Hants, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 15, he lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings.
Unit5th or 7th Battalion
Date of death09*/04/1918
Age at death23*
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)