Neville, F C
FREDERICK CHARLES NEVILLE
Remembered with honour Cambrai Memorial: Panel 9.
He enlisted in Mill Hill, Middx; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 19 October 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frederick’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a brief article about and a Death announcement for Frederick in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 12 January 1918; plus an In Memoriam in the issue dated 7 December 1918.
Son of Thomas Edward and Lillian (nee DARBY) NEVILLE of Watford.
His parents married 10 November 1895 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey, Herts. Thomas died 1932 in Watford aged 57, and was buried 15 December in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Lilian died 25 March 1949 in Greenford, Middx, aged 73.
Frederick was born 27 August 1898 in Watford, and baptised 16 September 1898 at St Matthew’s, Oxhey. He was employed by the Watford Gas Co.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings.
Unit17th (Service) Battalion (1st Footballers)
Date of death03/12/1917
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)