Clode, P F
PERCY FREDERICK CLODE
Remembered with honour Godewaersvelde British Cemetery: Plot I, Row E, Grave 1.
He enlisted in Southampton; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Percy’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Ellen (nee COX) and the late Frederick CLODE.
His parents married 1891 in the Berkhamsted, Herts, district. Frederick died 1911 in Watford aged 71, and was buried 29 July in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford. Ellen remarried 1914 in the Watford district to Joseph RAMSDALE, who died 1914 in the Watford district aged 76. Ellen possibly married for the third time 1941 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district to William H SHAKESPEARE, and maybe died 1943 in the Birmingham district aged 69, buried Witton Cemetery, Birmingham.
Percy was born 14 March 1897 in Watford, and attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 2 February to 1 March 1909. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, a boy on a training ship aged 14, he was stationed at Grays, Essex.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)