Remembered with honour Dantzig Alley British Cemetery: Plot IV, Row H, Grave 2.
He enlisted in Hounslow, Middx; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 20 December 1914, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of John and the late Mary Ann (nee DAVIS) GLAZIER.
His parents married 9 October 1870 at St John’s, Egham, Surrey. John died 1926 in the Kingston, Surrey, district aged 79; Mary died 1905 in the Staines, Middx, district aged 55.
William was born 1893 in Ashford, Middx, and baptised 27 September 1893 at St Mary’s, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middx. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 7 he lived in Ashford Common, Middx, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a Private in the Rifle Brigade aged 18, he was stationed in Winchester, Hants.
Date of death10/08/1916
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)