Remembered with honour Longuenesse (St Omer) Souvenir Cemetery: Plot V, Row E, Grave 64.
He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died in France.
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Arthur in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 30 November 1918.
Son of the late Arthur and Sarah Isabella Martha (nee CAULFIELD) DUDGEON; husband of Hilda Thursby (nee DENROCHE) DUDGEON.
His parents married 1881 in the Richmond, Surrey, district. Sarah died 5 July 1894 in Watford aged 35. Arthur remarried 1901 in the Brighton, Sussex, district to Florence Arabella DARKER. He died 3 June 1906 in Watford aged 67; Florence died 3 February in Watford aged 44.
Arthur was born 1887 in Dublin, Ireland, and married 1913 in the Dublin South district; they had one child. Hilda possibly remarried 1930 in the Rathdown, Co Wicklow, district.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891 Census, aged 3 he lived in Watford, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he still lived in Watford, with his widowed father and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, an engineering student aged 23, he still lived in Watford, with his widowed step-mother and one sibling.
Unitattached 4th Field Survey Company, Corps of Royal Engineers
Date of death19/11/1918
Age at death31
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)