Remembered with honour Hooge Crater Cemetery: Plot XI, Row E, Grave 4.
He enlisted in Shoreditch, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Reginald’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Mary Ann (nee MILES) and the late William John WEAVER.
His parents married 22 October 1876 in the Amersham, Bucks district. William died 18 November 1915 in Watford aged 65, and was buried 23 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Mary died 1925 in Watford aged 70, and was buried 25 July, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Reginald was born 12 April 1896 in Northampton, and attended Alexandra School, Watford; then Callowland Board School, Watford, from 30 March 1903 to 3 March 1910. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, a carpenter aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of death08/03/1918
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesHis brother William died 30 December 1916 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)