Remembered with honour Aveluy Communal Cemetery Extension: Row M, Grave 29.
He enlisted in St Alban’s, Herts; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Harry’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Edward and Eva (nee WARNER) COSTER of Bricket Wood, Herts; husband of Florence Ellen (nee MUSKETT) COSTER of Bricket Wood.
His parents married 2 October 1887 at St Peter’s, St Albans. Edward died 21 December 1941 in Watford aged 76; Eva died 17 February 1955 in Bricket Wood aged 88.
Harry was born 1888 in St Alban’s, and baptised 29 July 1888 at St Peter’s, St Alban’s. He married 1913 in the St Alban’s district. Florence never remarried and died 1924 in the Guildford, Surrey, district aged 34.
On the 1891 Census, aged 2 he lived in Leavesden, Herts, With his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he still lived in Leavesden, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a cowman on a farm aged 22, he still lived in Leavesden, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of death19/02/1917
Age at death28
Place of death
NotesHis brothers: George died 16 June 1917; Bertie died February 1918; Edward died 25 October 1918; and also feature on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)