Remembered with honour Ancre British Cemetery: Plot II, Row D, Grave 17.
He enlisted in Lambeth, Surrey; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Elizabeth (nee MINTERN) and the late Daniel WALTER; husband of Eliza Margaret (nee WARRINGTON) WALTER.
His parents married 25 December 1886 at the Parish Church of St George’s Hanover Square, London. Daniel died 1897 in the Biggleswade, Beds, district aged 35. Elizabeth remarried 1901 in the Watford district to William Arthur WARD.
Frank was born 16 May 1894 in Radlett, Herts, and attended Callowland Board School, Watford, from 29 February 1904 to 24 January 1907. He married 17 June 1916 at St Barnabas’, Bethnal Green, London. He resided in Bow, London. Eliza remarried 26 November 1924 at St Mark’s, Battersea, London, to Percy Charles ROWORTH, who died 1954 in the Battersea district aged 68.
On the 1901 Census, aged 6 he lived in Over Kingcombe, Dorset, with his grandparents. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death03/09/1916
Age at death22
Place of death
Notesserved as WARD
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)