Young, A F
ALBERT FRANKLIN YOUNG
Remembered with honour Cuckfield Cemetery: Plot 13(W), Grave 424.
He enlisted 28 September 1915 for the Duration of the War, and gained his last promotion 1 November 1917. He was wounded in France when his aerodrome was bombed, and died at the 2nd London General Hospital.
Son of Albert Antonio and Kathleen (nee SMITH) YOUNG of Cuckfield.
His parents married between 1896 and 1900 in Berne, Switzerland. Kathleen died 1929 in the Cuckfield district aged 65; Albert died 1934 in the Brentford, Middx, district aged 69.
Albert was born 15 August 1899 in Marylebone, London, and baptised 8 June 1902 at All Souls, Langham Place, Marylebone. He attended Watford Grammar School from September 1913 to March 1915.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Marylebone, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a pupil aged 11, he lived in Margate, Kent.
RankAir Mechanic 1st Class
Date of death09/06/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)