Weston, J C G
JOSEPH CYRIL GEORGE WESTON
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 7.
He enlisted in Watford, and was formerly Private 27137 Northamptonshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Joseph’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Joseph and Mary Blanch (nee ABBOTT) WESTON of Watford.
His parents married 5 April 1894 at St Mary’s, Redbourn, Herts. Joseph died 1935 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 3 May in North Watford Cemetery; Mary died 4 January 1944 in Watford aged 73, and was buried 7 January, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Joseph was born 1895 in Redbourn, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 6 he lived in Redbourn, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1911 Census, a builder’s clerk aged 16 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
Date of deathon or since 28/04/1917
Age at death22
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)