Hall, H A
HENRY ARTHUR HALL
Remembered with honour Mericourt-L’Abbe Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot II, Row D, Grave 16.
His attestation was for Short Service (For the Duration of the War): an engineer’s fitter aged 39 of Watford. He enlisted in Woolwich, was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed or died of wounds received in action.
Husband of Florence Ellen (nee ALLEN) HALL of Watford.
His parents are unknown (mother’s maiden name possibly SAWYER).
Henry was born 1880 in Watford, and married 1 October 1904 at Watford Registry Office; they had three children. He resided in Watford.
On the 1881 and 1891 Census, he is proving elusive. On the 1901 Census, a Sapper with the Royal Engineers aged 21 he was stationed at Brompton Barracks, Gillingham, Kent. On the 1911 Census, a gas engine driver aged 29 he lived in Watford, with his wife and three children.
Date of death24-25/07/1916
Age at death36
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)