Waldock/Walldock, R H B
RICHARD HENRY BAXTER WALDOCK
Remembered with honour Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery: Plot XVI, Row I, Grave 4A.
He originally attested for the Militia 15 February 1907 in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, no. 5830 in the 4th Battalion, Bedfordshire Regiment: a carter aged 21, unmarried, 5’3½” tall, C of E; and was discharged 7 May 1908. He re-enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at 17th Casualty Clearing Station of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Richard’s W.W.1 Service Record appears to one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Annie WALDOCK; husband of Lydia Elizabeth WARRELL (formerly WALLDOCK and TIBBLES, nee FULLER) of Watford.
Richard was born 1886 in St Alban’s, Herts, and baptised 9 June 1886 at St Alban’s Abbey. He married 1915 in the Watford district. Lydia remarried 1921 in the Watford district to William G WORRELL, she died 24 January 1975 in Watford aged 87, and was buried 30 January in North Watford Cemetery.
On the 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
Date of death26/07/1917
Age at death31
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)