Turpin, G C
GEORGE CECIL TURPIN
Remembered with honour Vichte Military Cemetery: Plot III, Row D, Grave 3.
He enlisted in Wandsworth, Surrey; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, George’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Eliza (nee BENTLEY) and the late Charles TURPIN.
His parents married 25 April 1896 at Christ Church, Battersea, London. Charles died 1914 in the Wandsworth district aged 48; Eliza possibly died 1954 in the Ealing, Middx, district aged 87.
George was born 1899 in Battersea, and baptised 21 May 1899 at Christ Church, Battersea. He resided in Balham, London.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Battersea, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, aged 11 he lived in Balham, with his parents and one sibling
Unit17th (1st South-East Lancashire) Battalion
Date of death28/10/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)