Remembered with honour Thiepval Memorial, Somme, France: Pier and Face 2C.
He enlisted in Watford; appears to have no medals card but was entitled to Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, and was killed in action during an unsuccessful attack on Pozieres. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing
There is an article about and a Death announcement for Frank in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 19 August 1916; plus In Memoriams in the issues dated 28 July 1917, 13 July 1918 and 19 July 1919.
Son of Amos and Annie (nee ALDERMAN) SEAR of Watford.
His parents married 1890 in the Buckingham district. Amos died 1934 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 26 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Annie died 20 May 1950 in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, aged 82, and was buried 25 May at Heath Lane Cemetery, Hemel Hempstead.
Frank was born 1891 in Watford, and baptised 4 December 1891 at St Mary’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, an apprentice whitesmith aged 19, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and one sibling.
Date of death15/07/1916
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)