Pratt, W S
WALTER SYDNEY PRATT
Remembered with honour Beacon Cemetery: Plot III, Row G, Grave 28.
He enlisted in Bedford, and was formerly Private 37032 East Surrey Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Walter’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sydney and Eleanor (nee NOCKLES) PRATT of Watford.
His parents married 1893 in the Shoreditch, London, district. Sydney died 1935 in Watford aged 62, and was buried 28 December in North Watford Cemetery; Eleanor died 21 February 1949 in Watford aged 79, and was buried 25 February, also in North Watford Cemetery.
Walter was born 1899 in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Hemel Hempstead, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, a schoolboy aged 11, he lived in Harpenden, Herts, with his parents and five siblings.
Unit11th (Service) Battalion
Date of death07/08/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)