Remembered with honour Pozieres Memorial: Panel 78.
He enlisted in Watford 30 November 1914: aged 32, 6′ tall, unm of Watford, his next-of-kin his father. He was formerly Private 15769 Bedfordshire Regiment; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 31 July 1915, and was killed in action.
Son of William and Annie (nee SANDERS) EMMERTON.
His parents married 4 October 1887 at St Mary’s, Salford, Beds. William died 1939 in the Ampthill, Beds, district aged 77.
Harry was born 1888 in Woburn.
On the 1891 Census, aged 2 he lived in Apsley Guise, Beds, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 12 he still lived in Apsley Guise, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a storeman aged 22, he still lived in Apsley Guise, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death27/03/1918
Age at death29
Place of death
NotesHis brother Stephen died 28 June 1918
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)