Norbury, T B [or T V]
THOMAS BAINES NORBURY
Remembered with honour Glossop Cemetery: Row B, Grave 5156(U).
He does not appear to have been awarded any medals, and died at the Royal Herbert Hospital, Woolwich, London. Unfortunately, Thomas’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing, also appears to be no entry in the Soldiers Died in the Great War dataset.
Son of the late William and Martha (nee DAVIES) Norbury of Knowsley, Lancs.
His parents married 1861 at St Mary’s, Knowsley. William died 1885 in the Prescot, Lancs, district aged 53; Martha died 1915 in the West Derby, Lancs, district aged 78.
Thomas was born 1872 in Knowsley, and baptised 12 May 1872 at St Mary’s, Knowsley.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1881 Census, a scholar aged 8, he lived in Knowsley, with his parents and two siblings. On the 1891 Census, a blacksmith aged 18, he still lived in Knowsley, with his widowed mother and no siblings. On the 1901 Census, a blacksmith aged 28, he was a boarder in Hoylake cum West Kirby, Lancs. On the 1911 Census, a blacksmith aged 37, he lived in Liverpool, Lancs, with his widowed mother and no siblings.
Date of death20/11/1918
Age at death46
Place of death
NotesRecorded as NORBURY T V on the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)