Wright, N T
NOEL TRACEY WRIGHT
Remembered with honour Sailly-Labourse Communal Cemetery: Row J, Grave 6.
He applied for a commission 4 August 1914 to the Yorkshire Regiment, previously a Cadet with the University of London O.T.C. He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 17 December 1914, and died of wounds received in action.
There are articles about Noel in the Watford Illustrated dated 23 October 1915 and 4 December 1915; also in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 23 October 1915.
Son of Tobias Theophilus and Emma Selina WRIGHT.
His parents married 21 October 18** at the M.E. Church, Baroda, Bombay. Tobias died 14 June 1925 at Ootacamund, India, aged 63; Emma possibly died 17 April 1941 aged 76, and was buried 18 April 1941 in Meerut, India.
Noel was born 21 December 1893 in Bombay, and baptised 26 August 1894 at Grant Road M.E. Church, Bombay. He was educated at John Conan School, Bombay, and University College, London, from where he matriculated June 1911. He returned to Bombay 4 October 1911 aboard the Hall Line Merton Hall from Birkenhead.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, he is assumed to be living in India. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 17, he lived in London N.E.
Unit3rd Battalion, attached 2nd Battalion
Date of death01/10/1915
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesHis brother Eric died 13 March 1916
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)