Hall, W H
WILLIAM HENRY HALL
Remembered with honour St Sever Cemetery Extension: Plot P.11, Row O, Grave 5A.
He enlisted in Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, and was formerly Private A/17269 Middlesex Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died at No. 6 General Hospital of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Henry and Susan (nee COLEMAN) HALL.
His parents married 6 April 1890 at St Andrew’s, Watford. Henry died 1948 aged 79; Susan died 1950 aged 80; both in the Watford district.
William was born 5 April 1891 in Watford, and attended first Sotheron Road Infants’ School, Watford; then Callowland Board School from 9 January to 23 March 1899; then Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 24 April 1899 to 3 April 1901.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Watford, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, a compositor aged 19, he was a boarder in Forest Hill, London S.E.
Service number27436 or 27430
Date of death16/05/1917
Age at death25
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)