Flatt, D A
DOUGLAS ARTHUR/ANDREW FLATT
Remembered with honour Boulogne Eastern Cemetery: Plot VIII, Row A, Grave 199.
He enlisted in Guildford, Surrey; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 25 July 1915, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Douglas’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of the Rev Frederick Joseph and Florence (nee PETERSON) FLATT of Littlehampton, Sussex.
His parents married 1884 at Barton on Irwell Register Office, Lancs. Frederick died 27 March 1926 aged 69; Florence died 15 September 1937 aged 77; both in Rustington, Sussex.
Douglas was born 31 July 1893 in Dunstable, Beds, and attended Watford Grammar School from January 1906 to July 1908.
On the 1901 Census, a scholar aged 8 he lived in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a grocer’s assistant aged 18 he lived in Littlehampton, with his parents and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)