Grover, A P
ARTHUR PERCY GROVER
Remembered with honour Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 2: Row A, Grave 9.
He enlisted in Bromley, Kent; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Arthur’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Arthur and Mary (nee GOODCHILD) GROVER; husband of Elizabeth Florence (nee BARRETT) GROVER of Bromley.
His parents married 1886 in the Lewisham, London, district.
Arthur was born 1887 in Sydenham, London, and married 1915 in the Bromley district; they had one child. He resided in Bromley. Elizabeth remarried 1928 in the Bromley district to John Arthur Parker BAXTER, and died in Bromley 23 December 1951 aged 66.
On the 1891 Census, aged 4 he lived in Sydenham, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, a solicitor’s clerk aged 14, he still lived in Sydenham, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, a printer and shopkeeper aged 24, he lived in Chislehurst, Kent, with his parents and no siblings.
Date of death10/08/1918
Age at death31
Place of death
NotesArthur is possibly the A P GROVER commemorated at Christ Church
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)