Lovejoy, T C
THOMAS CALEB LOVEJOY
Remembered with honour Alexandria (Hadra) War Memorial Cemetery: Row F, Grave 54.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the British War medal, and drowned in Egypt. Unfortunately, Thomas’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is a brief article about and a Death announcement for Thomas in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 12 January 1918.
Son of Frances Jane (nee TOOKEY) LOVEJOY of Watford, and the late Charles Richard LOVEJOY.
His parents married 2 January 1878 at St Mary’s, Watford. Charles died 1914 in the Edmonton, Middx, district aged 58; Frances died 1 July 1932 in Watford aged 75.
Thomas was born 4 May 1891 in Watford, and baptised 25 July 1897 at St Mary’s, Watford. He attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 17 April 1899 to 26 March 1902. He resided in Hoddesdon, Herts, and worked for the London & North Western Railway as a clerk in the Goods Department, Euston.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he lived in Watford, with his mother and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a railway clerk aged 19, he still lived in Watford, with his mother and one sibling.
Unit98th Light Railway Train Crew Company
Date of death31/12/1917
Age at death26
Place of death
NotesHis brother Charles died 30 July 1915 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)