Leared, F H
FRANK HARVEY LEARED
Remembered with honour Haverskerque British Cemetery: Row B, Grave 5.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and died of wounds received in action. Unfortunately, Frank’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Sara Mary (nee BOXWELL) LEARED of Wexford, Ireland, and the late Richard Hughes LEARED.
His parents married 13 November 1867 in the Wexford district. Richard died 23 February 1908 aged 75; Sara died 31 October 1922 aged 80; both in Wexford.
Frank was born 1876 in the Wexford district, and resided in Wexford.
On the 1881 and 1891 Census, he is presumed to be living in Ireland. On the 1901 Census, a farmer aged 25, he was a passenger on board the ship Bellailsa at Bootle-cum-Linacre, Lancs, with one sibling. On the 1911 Census, he is proving elusive.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)