Tearle, A E
ALFRED EDWARD TEARLE
Remembered with honour Guards Cemetery: Plot III, Row R, Grave 8.
He enlisted 25 January 1915 in Hertford: 5’7½” tall, C of E, of Watford. He served at Home 25 January to 9 July 1915, and embarked from Southampton 10 July 1915 for France. He was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 10 July 1915, and was killed in action.
Son of the late Alfred George and Minnie (nee CYSTER) TEARLE.
His parents married 26 December 1891 at St Andrew’s, Watford. Alfred died 1912 in Watford aged 40, and was buried 25 April in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Minnie died 1916 in Watford aged 45, and was buried 21 January, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Alfred was born 1897 in Watford, and baptised 29 December 1897 at St Mary’s, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 3 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, at school aged 13 he still lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death10/05/1916
Age at death18
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)