Brandon, A or B
ALBERT or BERTIE BRANDON
Remembered with honour Moeuvres Communal Cemetery Extension: Plot I, Row B, Grave 14.
He enlisted in Bedford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of David Thomas and Delia/Delilah (nee STAIRS) BRANDON.
His parents married 19 June 1886 at All Saints, Leavesden, Herts. David died 1927 in Watford aged 63, and was buried 16 February in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Delia died 1939 in Watford aged 75, and was buried 22 August, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Albert was born 1897 in Watford, and baptised 19 March 1897 at Christ Church, Watford. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 4 he lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, at a cocoa works aged 14, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and eight siblings.
Date of death27/09/1918
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesAlbert is possibly the A BRANDON commemorated at Christ Church and in the Borough Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)