Wilcox, P S or S P
PERCY SAMUEL or SAMUEL PERCY WILCOX
Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot A, Row 3, Grave 204.
He enlisted in Watford; appears to have no medals, and died at Cliff Hospital, Felixstowe, Suffolk. Unfortunately, Percy’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Richard and Louisa Caroline (nee EVEMY) WILCOX; husband of Annie Louisa (nee BROOKES) WILCOX.
His parents married 1871 in the Lymington, Hants, district. Richard died 12 February 1913 in Wembley, Middx, aged 69, and was buried 15 February in Wembley Cemetery; Louisa died 1921 in the Ringwood, Hants, district aged 74.
Percy was born 1881 in Ealing, Middx, and called Samuel Percy. He married 22 August 1906 at All Saints, Harrow Weald, Middx. He resided in Watford, and was buried 16 December. Annie remarried 5 April 1921 at St Mary’s, Watford, to William Mark WHISKIN, she died 1957 in Watford aged 75, and was buried 18 April, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1881 Census, aged 7 weeks he lived in Ealing, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1891 Census, aged 10 he lived in Harrow Weald, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1901 Census, a greengrocer’s assistant aged 20, he lived in Wealdstone, Middx. On the 1911 Census, a fruiterer (roundsman) aged 30 he still lived in Wealdstone, with his wife and no children.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)