Remembered with honour Watford (Vicarage Road) Cemetery: Plot J, Row 2, Grave 738.
He enlisted 3 June 1918 for the Duration of the War: a steam engine fitter and driver aged 28, 5’1″ tall, C of E; his next-of-kin his wife of Fulham, London. He died at Upwood Aerodrome, Ramsey, Cambs, of influenza and pneumonia, and appears to have no medals.
Son of Augustus Frederick and Mary Ann Jane (nee SAUNDERS or PAGE) BINGHAM; husband of Mary Ann Ellen (nee SILLWOOD) BINGHAM.
His parents married 15 June 1879 at St Mary’s, Battersea, London. Mary died 1926 in the Brentford, Middx, district aged 71; Augustus died 9 March 1945 in Hounslow, Middx, aged 85.
William was born 27 June 1890 in Chelsea, London, and married 9 April 1916 at All Saints, Fulham. He was buried 9 November. Mary remarried 1920 in the Watford district to Arthur H LAWTON, she died 26 December 1984 in Watford aged 92, and was buried 7 January 1985 in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
On the 1891 Census, aged 8 months he lived in Chelsea, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he lived in Fulham, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1911 Census, an assistant in the [furniture removal] business aged 20, he still lived in Fulham, with his parents and one sibling.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)