Mackay/Mckay, W E
WILLIAM ERIC MCKAY
Remembered with honour Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial: Panel 54.
He enlisted in London; was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914 Star medals, his qualifying date being 15 September 1914, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about William in the Watford Illustrated dated 28 November 1914.
Son of Guillermo [William] Watson and Maria Ines (nee GILLMAN) MCKAY.
His parent’s marriage is proving elusive. William died 22 December 1919 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 24 December in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford.
William was born 28 October 1890 in Talcahuano, Conception, Chile, and resided in Bishopsgate, London.
He has an entry in the National Probate Calendar.
On the 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census he is proving elusive.
Unit1st/14th (County of London) Battalion (London Scottish)
Date of deathon or since 01/11/1914
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)