Johnson, P W G
PERCY WILLIAM GEORGE JOHNSON
Remembered with honour Soissons Memorial.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British WaBr medals, and was assumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Percy’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Kate (nee BRAYBROOK) JOHNSON of Watford, and the late George JOHNSON.
His parents married 11 December 1898 at Emanuel Church, Islington, London. George died 1915 in Bushey, Herts, aged 42, and was buried 29 March at St James’, Bushey; Kate died 20 July 1942 in Watford aged 68, and was buried 23 July, also at St James.
Percy was born 1899 in Holloway, Middx, and baptised 28 May 1899 at Emanuel Church, Islington. He resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 2 he lived in Islington, with his parents and no siblings. On the 1911 Census, aged 12 he lived in Holloway, with his parents and one sibling.
Date of death29/07/1918
Age at death19
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)