Pavey, J W
JOHN WILLIAM PAVEY
Remembered with honour Carnoy Military Cemetery: Row N, Grave 15.
He enlisted in Ampthill, Beds; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, John’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Frederick George and Emily (nee BACKLER) PAVEY of Watford; husband of Mabel (nee FISHER) PAVEY of Watford.
His parents married 1887 in the Risbridge, Suffolk, district. Emily died 1917 in Watford aged 52, and was buried 16 October in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Frederick died 2 November 1934 in Watford aged 71, and was buried 6 November, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
John was born 4 October 1887 in Haverhill, Suffolk, and baptised 6 June 1898 at St Mary the Virgin, Haverhill. He attended Beechen Grove Board School, Watford, from 12 October 1898 to 22 October 1900. He married 1914 in the Gainsborough, Lincs, district; they had one child. He resided in Watford. Mabel never remarried and died 1965 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district aged 85.
On the 1891 Census, aged 3 he lived in Haverhill, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 13 he lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a plumber aged 23, he still lived in Watford, with his parents amd three siblings.
Date of death16/06/1916
Age at death28
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)