Kent, A W
ALBERT WILLIAM KENT
Remembered with honour Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery: Plot VIII, Row P, Grave 31.
He enlisted in Manchester, and was formerly Private 203785 Yorkshire Regiment. He was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Albert’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
There is an article about Albert in Watford in the 20th Century, volume 1; and an article and Death announcement in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 11 May 1918.
Son of Alfred and Louisa (nee GRIFFIN) KENT; husband of Esther Marion (nee PARKS) Kent.
His parents married 1876 in the Westminster, London, district. Alfred died 4 November 1929 in Watford aged 80, and was buried 8 November in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Louisa died 6 August 1939 in Croxley Green, Herts, aged 83, and was buried 10 August, also in Vicarage Road Cemetery.
Albert was born 1890 in Weedon, Bucks, and married 1915 at Chorlton on Medlock Register Office, Lancs. Esther went to Australia 6 November 1920 aboard P & O Benalla, and possibly married 1930 Charles Norman BUCKLAND in Victoria.
On the 1891 Census, aged 8 months he lived in Weedon, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 10 he lived in Watford, with his parents and six siblings. On the 1911 Census, a platen minder aged 20, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and five siblings.
Date of death22*/04/1918
Age at death27
Place of death
NotesAlbert is possibly the W KENT on the Sun Engraving plaque. His brother Bernard died 29 March 1918 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)