Sawford, R A
REGINALD ARTHUR SAWFORD
Remembered with honour Orchard Dump Cemetery: Plot III, Row F, Grave 30.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Reginald’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Charles and Charlotte Ellen (nee WHEELER) SAWFORD of Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey.
His parents married 13 June 1880 at St John the Baptist, Hampton Wick, Middx. Charles died 1930 in the Kingston district aged 72; Charlotte died 1950 in the Surrey North district aged 89.
Reginald was born 1896 in Kingston-upon-Thames, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in Kingston-upon-Thames, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a page boy aged 15, he lived in Kingston Hill, Surrey, with his parents and three siblings.
Date of death17/05/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)