Tansley, J T
JOHN THOMAS TANSLEY
Remembered with honour Wavendon (St Mary) Churchyard.
He enlisted 28 December 1917: a farm labourer aged 18, 5’10½” tall, C of E, and was posted to the Recruitment Depot at Deal, Kent. He transferred to the Plymouth Division 3 April 1918, and died from disease. He was entitled to the British War medal.
Son of Joseph and Ellen (nee SMITH) TANSLEY of Wavendon.
His parents married 29 October 1885 at St Mary’s, Salford, Beds. Ellen died 1925 in the Newport Pagnell, Bucks, district aged 59; Joseph died 1942 in the North Bucks district aged 78.
John was born 22 December 1899 in Wavendon, and baptsied 22 July 1900 at St Mary’s, Wavendon.
On the 1901 Census, aged 1 he lived in Wavendon, with his parents and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a scholar aged 11, he still lived in Wavendon, with his parents and two siblings.
Date of death05/05/1918
Age at death18
Place of death
NotesJohn is possibly the J TANSLEY commemorated at Christ Church
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)