Bradley, W H
WALTER HENRY BRADLEY
Remembered with honour Loos Memorial: Panel 64 and 65.
He enlisted in London, was entitled to the Victory, British War and 1914-15 Star medals, his qualifying date being 27 May 1915, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Walter’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Martha (nee EAGLESTONE) and the late Albert BRADLEY.
His parents married 1880 in the Banbury, Oxon, district. Albert died 1894 aged 37; Martha died 1937 aged 77; both in the Oxford district.
Walter was born 1891 in Botley, Oxon, and resided in Oxford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 9 he lived in Oxford, with his widowed mother and four siblings. On the 1911 Census, a college servant aged 19, he lived at St Peter’s College, Radley, Berks.
Date of death26/09/1915
Age at death24
Place of death
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)