White, C W H
CHARLES WILLIAM HENRY WHITE
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 1.
He enlisted at Armoury House, London; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of Charles Henry and Sophia Louisa (nee LOWEN) WHITE; husband of Ellen Mary (nee CANDELIN) WHITE of Watford.
His parents married 17 February 1889 at St Giles Without Cripplegate, London. Charles died 1927 aged 65; Sophia died 1946 aged 83; both in the Shoreditch, London, district.
Charles was born 15 May 1889 in London City, and baptised 2 June 1889 at St Mary’s, Islington, London. He married 16 August 1913 at St Giles Without Cripplegate. Ellen never remarried and died 1972 in the St Alban’s, Herts, district aged 80.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in St Giles Cripplegate, with his parents and one sibling. On the 1901 Census, aged 11 he still lived in St Giles Cripplegate, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1911 Census, [William] a typist aged 21, he lived in North London, with his parents and six siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)