Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 5.
He enlisted in Watford; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was killed in action. Unfortunately, William’s Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War Two bombing.
Son of William and Eliza (nee POOLE) THOMPSON.
His parents married 1894 in the Risbridge, Suffolk, district. William died 1926 in the Barnet, Herts, district aged 53.
William was born 1895 in Haverhill, Suffolk, and resided in Watford.
On the 1901 Census, aged 5 he lived in New Barnet, with his parents and three siblings. On the 1911 Census, a feeder in printing works aged 15, he was a patient at Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middx.
Date of death12*/04/1917
Age at death21
Place of death
NotesHis brother Robert died 30 April 1918 and also features on this Roll of Honour
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)